Thursday, April 22, 2010

i miss gin-chan


Get ready, it's nerdier than ever.
I have been wanting to write about this for a bit. One of my favorite anime (Gintama) ended recently and while I wish that it hadn't and it will probably remain a favorite forever, I started looking around for something else to watch.
I finally settled on Naruto Shippuden. Having read some of the original Naruto manga, i thought that i could fall into it. This hasn't been such a problem. It's alright, I am enjoying it... for the most part. However there is one specific thing that is really bothering me.

Some math -
1 episode = approximately 22 minutes
opening theme = approximately 1.5 - 2 minutes
ending theme & next time & special featurette bit = approximately 3 minutes
That suggests that there are usually around 17 minutes of original footage for each episode.

NOT SO! here is where is get annoying to me. Most episodes have at least 3 minutes of filler usually in terms of flashbacks or what is even worse, the same exact scene that you just viewed before a commercial break!
This tends to make the show a bit repetitive, in other words ... boring.
Gintama wasnt big on this "stalling". This just makes me miss it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment